We’re excited to announce a new partnership today that means a lot to us and many of our customers. As of November 2020, we will be donating 10% of all cannabis-related advertising proceeds to the Last Prisoner Project (LPP). Here’s a little more about this worthy organization and how our partnership came to be.
The Last Prisoner Project
As the United States moves away from the criminalization of cannabis, giving rise to a major new industry, there remains the fundamental injustice inflicted upon those who have suffered criminal convictions and the consequences of those convictions. LPP is dedicated to releasing cannabis prisoners and helping them rebuild their lives.
The 501(c)(3) organization is a coalition of cannabis industry leaders, executives and artists that work to bring restorative justice to the cannabis industry. Through intervention, advocacy and awareness campaigns, the forces behind the Last Prisoner Project work to redress the past and make sure that every last victimless cannabis prisoner walks free.
Advertising in the Cannabis Industry
Joining with LPP and contributing to this valuable cause was a natural fit for us at AdQuick. Not only are we supporters of the work the organization does, but we also work with many cannabis marketers we’re proud to call clients and friends.
In fact, out-of-home (OOH) advertising has emerged as the advertising channel of choice for cannabis marketers in recent years. For one, OOH is one of the few remaining channels available to advertisers in this highly regulated space. But beyond this, there are many additional benefits of the medium:
- It’s efficient. OOH offers one of the lowest CPMs around for early stage brands.
- It’s effective. Over 90% of U.S. audiences notice OOH ads.
- It has a legitimizing effect on brands. One of the most important things for cannabis brands is to be recognized as reputable and reliable by customers and regulatory administrators. Because OOH is embedded within the community, it is viewed as more authoritative than digital advertising, and it is uniquely positioned to help convey trustworthiness.
“We’ve respected the work that Last Prisoner Project has done for many years," says Matt O’Connor, CEO at AdQuick. “And it’s frankly appalling that people are behind bars for the same thing others are now advertising. We wanted to have a small part in helping undo that injustice. Merging our passion for helping clients grow their cannabis businesses through OOH advertising and our belief in LPP’s mission makes this a truly symbiotic partnership. We’re looking forward to seeing the continued impact this incredible team has on the lives of so many, and are proud to donate a portion of our revenue from the same industry to help fuel it.”
Finally, we encourage you to check out some of LPP’s videos about the powerful work they do:
- LPP Informational Video
- Webinar: Marijuana, Race and Criminal Injustice: A Discussion with the Last Prisoner Project x Kush.com
- Webinar: The True Impact of Incarceration: A Discussion with the Last Prisoner Project x Kush.com
- Webinar: History of the Last Prisoner Project: A Conversation with Steve DeAngelo and Andrew DeAngelo
Together, we can right the wrongs of the past. We’re excited to donate 10% of cannabis-related advertising proceeds to LPP so they can continue their work toward giving victimless cannabis prisoners the chance they deserve for justice and a rewarding life.